- Developing an analysis structure for Pärlhänge (2/6/2018) - I’ve taken the first step, and identified four types of construction methods for pärlhänge, or bead pendants. But before I can begin analyzing the details, I need to carefully construct my data collection system. I stumbled across a good article by Heather Christie, on the Visual Classification of Beads. She lists a number of important […]
- Norse Pärlhänge – bead pendants (2/4/2018) - One of the items occasionally found in Norse graves are 1 or more beads on a silver wire ring, as a pendant, presumably dangling off the festoons hung between the brooches. The Swedish word for this appears to be “pärlhänge.” A potential Norwegian synonym is “perleanheng”. (There are a few rare gold wire examples, but […]
- 9th C Silk Road inspired fabric designs (10/6/2016) - 9th C Sogdian silk inspired designs created for the Current Middle Ages - why, and how to use.
- 11th C Norse Runestone inspired scroll (6/16/2016) - Modeled after the monuments erected during the Viking age to remember great men, this SCA award scroll was completed onsite at Lilies in 2016.
- Swedish Historiska Museet searching (2/9/2010) - So, I happened across some interesting wire weaving type “posaments” at http://www.silberknoten.de via Medieval Silkwork. In one of the pages, it references the “fantastic online catalogue with pictures” of the museum in Stockholm. So off I go, to seek out said museum and it’s wonders.