The 9th Century sees the rise and decline of the Carolingian Empire, the Christianization of Eastern Europe by the missionaries based out of the Eastern Roman Empire and most of Spain is under Muslim control and known as Al-Andalus.
- Block Printing for an Alanic Coat (5/12/2018) - Because I was once the apprentice of a Laurel named Alan, once I saw the extant coat and pattern from the TRIBE OF THE ALANS, I had to make it for my vigil ceremony. It has lasted quite well, although I’ve gotten a bit heavier, and there are some rips I need to mend. I […]
- Byzantine Silk tunic of memories (5/11/2018) - Once upon a time, I met a lady on the internet. She knew other ladies, some in person, but another from the internet. And we all came together to participate as a team for the Middle Kingdom’s annual Golden Seamstress event. (Yes, I drove all the way to Detroit to sew with people I’d never […]
- Insular Art (11/24/2016) - The monasteries that developed from Irish foundations - Iona as the mother abbey, shared a style, because monks moved back and forth.
- Typologies in the study of Anglo-Saxon Artefacts – Part 2 (10/31/2016) - Lots of links and citations for Anglo-Saxon Catalogues, Typologies, and Chronologies.
- Typologies in the study of Anglo-Saxon Artefacts – Part 1 (10/30/2016) - Before you can understand the artefact reports, you need to understand typologies.
- Hen Gastell Wales Lampwork Challenge Bead (10/27/2016) - A bead from Wales, challenging because of its large side and sneaky decoration.
- 9th C Irish Lampwork Challenge item (10/11/2016) - This 9th C Irish bead speaks to me - wish I was a better lampworker.
- 9th C Silk Road inspired fabric designs (10/6/2016) - 9th C Sogdian silk inspired designs created for the Current Middle Ages - why, and how to use.