Islam begins to rise in the Middle East, the Kingdom of the Franks began to grow in power, and Christianity began to spread throughout northern Europe and the British Isles.
- Insular Art (11/24/2016) - The monasteries that developed from Irish foundations - Iona as the mother abbey, shared a style, because monks moved back and forth.
- Typologies in the study of Anglo-Saxon Artefacts – Part 2 (10/31/2016) - Lots of links and citations for Anglo-Saxon Catalogues, Typologies, and Chronologies.
- Typologies in the study of Anglo-Saxon Artefacts – Part 1 (10/30/2016) - Before you can understand the artefact reports, you need to understand typologies.
- 7th C Anglo-Saxon Repousse Work-box (10/26/2016) - 7th C Anglo-Saxon work-box, made of copper alloy, with rivets, soldering, and repousse.
- Finglesham, Northbourne, Kent (10/26/2016) - In the late 1920s, digging at a chalk pit near Finglesham exposed some old bones. Kent Archaeological Society excavations in 1928-1929 by William Stebbing and William Whiting exposed about 30 graves, well furnished, with some continental grave goods. Their finds were published as ‘Jutish Cemetery near Finglesham, Kent’ in Vol. 41 of Archaeologia Cantiana. As […]
- Anglo-Saxon Finglesham Bibliography – Annotated (10/26/2016) - Annotated bibliography of resources for Anglo-Saxon studies, including links to WorldCat, purchase options, and any downloadable resources. Expect regular updates.
- Anglo-Saxon Finglesham Artefacts (10/26/2016) - Images of various Anglo-Saxon artefacts from Finglesham, Northborne, Kent.
- Novum Inventorium Sepulchrale (10/19/2016) - Kentish Anglo-Saxon Graves and Grave Goods in the Sonia Hawkes Archive This resource includes many of the graves discovered by antiquarians and archaeologists in the 18th & 19th Centuries, but described and analyzed with modern expectations. The archive also includes the older notes and sketches, as well as fresh photos and drawings. You WILL have […]
- Anglo-Saxon Dot34 Beads (10/12/2016) - Analysis of one particular type of Anglo-Saxon Bead.
- Anglo-Saxon Cylindrical Pentagonal Beads (4/17/2010) - My attempts in 2010 to make 6th C Anglo-Saxon Cylindrical Pentagonal Beads. Some good, more ok, some ugly.
- Dorcas’ Doo-dads (5/14/2009) -