The Byzantine (Eastern Roman) Empire reached its greatest strength. Across Europe, various kingdoms we recognize today were founded, as tribal groups became more settled in a particular land area. Climatically, the Medieval Warm Period begins.
- Baby steps – Block Printing (11/11/2017) - Our local school had done block printing on paper – so two of my teens have designs they did. Of the 3 designs, two are Celtic knotwork inspired. Big surprise, huh? On the right, Deinol’s work is far more detailed and precise – no changes are needed. I might occasionally print this without inking the inner […]
- Typologies in the study of Anglo-Saxon Artefacts – Part 2 (10/31/2016) - Lots of links and citations for Anglo-Saxon Catalogues, Typologies, and Chronologies.
- Typologies in the study of Anglo-Saxon Artefacts – Part 1 (10/30/2016) - Before you can understand the artefact reports, you need to understand typologies.
- 10th C Byzantine cross in Pewter (10/27/2016) - Duplicating existing items via pewtercasting with Delft Clay
- Hen Gastell Wales Lampwork Challenge Bead (10/27/2016) - A bead from Wales, challenging because of its large side and sneaky decoration.