Rings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, brooches, pins of all types.
- Developing an analysis structure for Pärlhänge (2/6/2018) - I’ve taken the first step, and identified four types of construction methods for pärlhänge, or bead pendants. But before I can begin analyzing the details, I need to carefully construct my data collection system. I stumbled across a good article by Heather Christie, on the Visual Classification of Beads. She lists a number of important […]
- Norse Pärlhänge – bead pendants (2/4/2018) - One of the items occasionally found in Norse graves are 1 or more beads on a silver wire ring, as a pendant, presumably dangling off the festoons hung between the brooches. The Swedish word for this appears to be “pärlhänge.” A potential Norwegian synonym is “perleanheng”. (There are a few rare gold wire examples, but […]
- 16th C Lampwork Challenge item (10/11/2016) - Both round and interlaced glass links, with some gold links as well, make up this spectacular 16th C German necklace.
- 16th C Lampwork Challenge item (10/11/2016) - Lampwork is more than just beads. Look at this gorgeous and technically challenging glass chain necklace.
- (6/16/2011) - It was a day of peerage announcements at the War of the Lilies – a Norse laurel – Thora Sigurdsdottir, and Rolf Hobart, for either C&I and/or Archery – Both from the Barony of Lonely Tower in Calontir. A knight was made during the day, Sir Halvdan. And best of all, my laurel, Master Alan […]
- Bildindex rosaries (2/22/2010) - Here’s a couple of rosaries from Bildindex http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/mi01473g01a.jpg http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/mi01473g02a.jpg http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/mi07830e10a.jpg