Yesterday and today, I worked on finishing up assorted projects which I’ve had partly/mostly done. Some of these count in my Stash Challenge.
10. Purple bliaut for older daughter, made from a cotton tablecloth, with a cool weave. Sleeves lined and neck facing with a linen shirt. Made for the William the Marshal event in May 2009, needs adjusting due to body growth. We added new gores and gussets. Now I just need to hand stitch all the seam allowances down. Otherwise, it will ravel away. It’s my travel project now.
17. Yellow linen fighting undershirt for Gerald, made from a 3X short sleeved dress. I finished up stitching down all the seam allowances, and he’ll wear it at fighter practice tonight.
19. Light green linen-cotton tunic for middle son – it started as a sleeveless dress.
21. Purple linen long sleeved tunic for eldest son. Made it before Lilies. He grew more over the summer, so the sleeve trim is to lengthen them. Added about 4″ long black linen cuffs.
24. Purple linen-rayon long sleeved tunic – I made for middle boy – but the sleeves needed more space. I added the space today, and now, I think maybe the tunic is for ME!

Reworked an old garb outfit – it’s the under tunic from Gerald’s wedding garb – Patrick fits it, but the sleeve lining needed tacked down – DONE, and the stuff I put in the hem to help it lay nice – well, after all these years, it just laid weird. So I cut it off, and rehemmed it. DONE.

Advertisements